Our Little Athletics Program is run for athletes from 3 to 16 years of age. It is based on the Little Athletics principles of family, fun and fitness, by providing a safe, friendly and competitive Friday night program for young athletes to develop their social and athletic skills. Good sportsmanship, participation, skill development and striving to reach new personal bests is encouraged through the program.
The club is run by volunteers and without helpers our weekly competition events cannot be held.
In order to participate, every athlete in Under 6 to Under 15 age groups must have one parent/carer in attendance every Friday night of competition. This parent/carer will be required to undertake a duty most weeks.
Duties include officiating at events throughout the entire program for that evening, helping in the canteen or cooking a BBQ. Each age group has a commitment each week to fulfill.
Without a parent in attendance, a child will not be permitted to compete.
- Age Managers and Age Group Recorders will assist every program, and the parents of U6 athletes. This will allow us to provide better training, consistency and the best possible outcome for our athletes.
- If you are a parent of an U6 athlete then we ask that you accompany your child and assist the Age Managers where required. When signing up for a duty, please select the option ‘U6 Parent’..
- All U6 parents are encouraged to take the AAOES Level 1 Online Course in Track, Long Jump and Shot Put.
- Whilst we would appreciate the assistance of U17 parents, it is not mandatory for you to attend unless you have a younger athlete competing. When signing up for a duty, please select the option ‘U17 Parent’.
- When not on a duty, parents will be required to assist their child’s age group where required.
- If a rostered duty is missed, then the duty should be completed on a non-rostered night if required.
- Athletes who do not have a parent or guardian in attendance will not be able to compete on a Friday night until a parent is on site, except U17 athletes.
Step 1: Parent duty roster
This season each parent/carer will be required to choose a duty for the entire season and sign-up via SIGN UP GENIUS.
The Club will require you to undertake that duty three out of every four programs. On the fourth program you are asked to assist your child’s Age Manager if required.
Complete an Australian Athletics Officials’ Education Scheme (AAOES) Level 1 Online courses are available for all the events. The more you complete the more confident and useful you will be in assisting age groups.
Attend the Officials Training night on Friday XX September 2022.
Undertake your duty throughout the season.