2022/2023 Cherrybrook Senior Athletics Registration
→ SENIOR REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
- The senior athletics season this year will run from October 2022 to September 2023.
- Our Club competitions are run each Friday evening from 5.45 pm to around 8.15 pm at GREENWAY OVAL NO 2 (LOWER OVAL), SHEPHERDS DRIVE, CHERRYBROOK. Club competitions will commence the beginning of September. Check our website for more details.
- Seniors are able to compete at our Club nights and do so with their age group or as an U17 athlete.
- Senior athletes U15’s or younger who compete at our Club night competitions must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Athletics is run entirely by volunteers and as such parents are required to assist on Friday evenings. This can be anything from helping on the BBQ to being an age manager, officiating at an event or just helping the age manager run some of the events during the evening – timekeeping, measuring, writing down results etc. None of the jobs are very difficult and we are happy to teach you.
The athletes’ age for the purposes of registration with Seniors and Little Athletics is age as at 31 December.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A SENIOR ATHLETE
- Online registrations only are permitted.
- Access the Cherrybrook Seniors registration here
- Enter your details and pay securely online.
- Transactions incur a service provider processing fee.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email confirming your payment transaction from RevSports.
- No refunds will be given. Please see the ANSW Refund Policy.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A DUAL ATHLETE
If you are in the U12-U17 age groups with a Little Athletics Club and you wish to also compete as a Senior Athlete, you MUST first register with your Little Athletics Club then register through Athletics NSW.
- The youngest competition age for Duals is 14. So, if you are in the U12 age group you will be competing against 14 year olds.
- Cherrybrook Little Athletes register for free with our Seniors Club.
- Little Athletes registered with other Clubs must pay a $50 Dual Athlete registration fee in order to compete for Cherrybrook Seniors. When you register as a Dual Athlete on the ANSW website please select the “Other Club Dual Membership” payment class.
- Dual athletes must compete in Cherrybrook uniform at all ANSW competitions.
UNIFORMS AND COMPETITION BIBS
- All athletes are required to wear correct Cherrybrook Athletics uniform. These may be ordered on-line and paid by credit card, or ordered and paid for on registration day (payment by cheque or cash only on registration days). See our website for more details.
- Sample sizes for uniforms will be available to try on at our registration days. Both little and senior athletes wear the same style shirt. Senior athletes may wear black shorts of any type.
- Seniors bibs will no longer be issued by ANSW. Athletes will only be provided temporary bibs for certain competitions, for example – NSW All Schools
- At these events, your temporary bib is to be secured to the front and back of your shirt (except jumps where just one bib secured to the front of the uniform is required)
- Bibs will be available for collection from the check-in area on the relevant ANSW competition days.
- Once athletes have been issued with competition bibs please discard the previous seasons bibs as they are no longer valid
Please remember that registration fees are non-refundable (as per ANSW).
|Open athlete (+20)||
|Concession Member (12 – 19) or Govt Concession Card (Active Kids Voucher is accepted)||
|Dual athlete (LANSW U12-U17) Registered with Cherrybrook LA’s||
|Dual athlete (LANSW U12-U17) NOT registered with Cherrybrook LA’s||
|Community Member (Club meets and Community events only, insurance -no ANSW comps)||$25|
|Winter (1/4/22 – 30/9/22 only) Eligible for Team NSW selection for National XC and National Road walks. Discounted entry to Sydney 10, Sydney Half and Fernleigh 15||$115|
|Club Volunteer Member (Officials, Administrators, Volunteers, Accredited Coaches)||
- Athletics NSW is a proud supporter of the Active Kids program and happily accepts Active Kids Vouchers. Parents can apply for their voucher through Service NSW with their personal login. Please enable your ACTIVE KIDS VOUCHER online at the time of registration.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION
Dependant on your type of registration with ANSW you may be eligible for some or all of the following ANSW benefits:
- To compete in all Athletics NSW and Athletics Australia Sanctioned Events
- Free entry into all Winter events (Open and Concession only)
- Coverage for Personal Accident Insurance under the National Insurance Plan
- Competition Bib for some events
- eAthlete Information Service
As a member of Cherrybrook Senior and Little Athletics Inc, you are also eligible for the following benefits:
- membership of one of NSW most successful clubs
- experience with a club that has offered seamless transition from LA’s to Seniors for 20m years
- access to senior athletics coaches (fees apply)
- access to training facilities
- Friday night club competition
- access to all level of athlete ie from lovers of the sport to Olympians
- weekly newsletter
- current information on our Facebook and Instagram pages
- team support at all competitions/events including Club Championships
- potential access to athlete funding
- free gift for National championship medalists
- annual awards night and recognition of membership
- free entry into state relays
- access to our Grey Book (pre-season Handbook)
- access to our Red Book (end of season Annual Report)
- At the start of a new season athletes pick their club of choice without a formal transfer process.
- If the season has commenced and you are already registered with a club you can only move clubs once per year*.
- To move to another club, you must contact your club or the club you wish to move to and request an Athlete Transfer.
- If you wish to move clubs prior to a championship event you must request the transfer at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Both clubs must approve the transfer request before it is authorised by Athletics NSW.
Please note: there is a $40.00 transfer fee payable to Athletics NSW.
*2022-23 season runs from 1 October 2022 until 30 September 2023
- An athlete can upgrade their membership at any time throughout the season.
- The difference in the memberships will need to be paid.
- Please email The Club’s Senior Registrar 0434 259 291 to have an upgrade actioned.
- Please note, no refunds will be given for membership downgrades
NSW MASTERS ATHLETICS
- Athletes over the age of 30 are eligible to take out NSW Masters membership.
- Being a member of NSW Masters means you are eligible to compete at the State Masters Events, National competitions and international competitions such as Oceania Masters and World Masters Championships.
- Competition is carried out in five year age groups for both men and women.