2023/2024 Cherrybrook Senior Athletics Registration
→ SENIOR REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
- The senior athletics season this year will run from October 2023 to September 2024.
- Our Club competitions are run each Friday evening from 5.45 pm to around 8.15 pm at GREENWAY OVAL NO 2 (LOWER OVAL), SHEPHERDS DRIVE, CHERRYBROOK. Club competitions will commence the beginning of September. Check our website for more details.
- Seniors are able to compete at our Club nights and do so with their age group or as an U17 athlete.
- Senior athletes U15’s or younger who compete at our Club night competitions must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Athletics is run entirely by volunteers and as such parents are required to assist on Friday evenings. This can be anything from helping on the BBQ to being an age manager, or just helping the age manager run the events during the evening – timekeeping, measuring, writing down results etc. None of the jobs are very difficult and we are happy to teach you.
The athletes’ age for the purposes of registration with Seniors and Little Athletics is age as at 31 December.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A SENIOR ATHLETE
- Online registrations only are permitted.
- Access the Cherrybrook Seniors registration here
- Enter your details and pay securely online.
- Transactions incur a service provider processing fee.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email confirming your payment transaction from RevSports.
- No refunds will be given. Please see the ANSW Refund Policy.
- The online event registrations for athletes will close at 10am on the Wednesday before an ANSW event.
HOW TO REGISTER AS A CHERRYBROOK CLUB ATHLETE and THEN ATHLETICS NSW ATHLETE
If you are in the U8-U17 age groups with a Little Athletics Club and you wish to also compete as a Senior Athlete, you MUST first register with your Little Athletics Club then register through Athletics NSW.
- The youngest competition age for Athletics NSW is 3.
- All athletes from Tiny Tots to U17 who register either through Athletics NSW (ANSW) or Little Athletics NSW (LANSW) can still participate AS NORMAL in Cherrybrook Friday Competition Nights.
- Given our Tiny Tots and U6 are ineligible for Little Athletics Zone, we are offering Tiny Tots, and U6 registrations via the significantly cheaper Athletics NSW registrations stream ONLY at $100 per athlete.
- Athletes from U7-U17 who want to compete ONLY on Friday nights (and possibly Athletics NSW events) but NOT Little Athletics Zone, Region and State should register via ATHLETICS NSW ONLY for $135 per athlete.
- Athletes U7-U17 – including those previously classified as Duals – who wish to have the option of competing in both Little Athletics NSW and Athletics NSW events should register via BOTH Little Athletics NSW and Athletics NSW. Please note, there will be separate fees for both (no free Dual membership as in the past) but athletes will only pay Cherrybrook Athletics centre fees ONCE ie total cost $215 ($175 club fee + $40 ANSW fee) per athlete. Once you registered for Cherrybrook club, please email senior registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive your discount code so that you do not need to pay Cherrybrook club fee again when you register for ANSW.
- Little Athletes registered with other Clubs must pay ANSW athlete registration fee in order to compete for Cherrybrook Seniors. When you register as an Athlete on the ANSW website please select the “Other Club to Cherrybrook Senior Membership” payment class.
- Dual athletes must compete in Cherrybrook uniform at all ANSW competitions.
- Active Kids vouchers must be redeemed at the point of registration.
If you’d like to use your Active Kids voucher for your registration, and you can not see the redemption option prior to confirming payment, please contact email@example.com. Unfortunately redemption of Active Kids vouchers can not be applied after your membership purchase has been finalised.
UNIFORMS AND COMPETITION BIBS
- All athletes are required to wear correct Cherrybrook Athletics uniform. Uniform can be purchased in person from the clubhouse at Greenway Oval at the registration finalisation days or on Friday competition nights between 5.30 pm and 6.30 pm. Cash or EFTPOS facilities are available. See our website for more details.
- Sample sizes for uniforms will be available to try on at our registration days. Both little and senior athletes wear the same style shirt. Senior athletes may wear black shorts of any type.
- Seniors bibs will no longer be issued by ANSW. Athletes will only be provided temporary bibs for certain competitions, for example – NSW All Schools
- At these events, your temporary bib is to be secured to the front and back of your shirt (except jumps where just one bib secured to the front of the uniform is required)
- Bibs will be available for collection from the check-in area on the relevant ANSW competition days.
- Once athletes have been issued with competition bibs please discard the previous seasons bibs as they are no longer valid
Please remember that registration fees are non-refundable (as per ANSW).
|Open Member (+20)||$175|
|Concession Card Holders Membership||$145|
|Other LANSW athletes & NOT registered with Cherrybrook Little A’s||FREE|
|LANSW athletes & registered with Cherrybrook Little A’s||FREE|
|Community Member – Club meets and Community events only, insurance – no ANSW comps||$25|
|Winter (1/4/22 – 30/9/22 only). Eligible for Team NSW selection for National XC and National Road walks. Discounted entry to Sydney10, Sydney Half and Fernleigh 15||$TBA|
|Club Volunteer Member (Officials, Admins, Volunteers, Accredited Coaches)||FREE|
|ANSW Kids (ages 3-7 years)||$100|
|ANSW Youth (ages 8-12 years)||$135|
|ANSW Juniors (U13 to U17)||$135|
|ANSW Juniors (U18-U20)||$135|
Please Note: If you wish to compete on a weekend you will need to ensure you register as a member prior to the Wednesday 10am of the week of the competition as that is when Athletics NSW close the online entry portal. There are NO on the day entries permitted.
‘DUAL’ MEMBERSHIP TO REMAIN FREE for U11-U17!
Good news for athletes in U11-U17: Cherrybrook Athletics will now REFUND THE ANSW FEE of $40 for those athletes who register both via LANSW and ANSW and compete at least twice for the club in ANSW events … effectively meaning our Dual registration remains free.
This applies to Cherrybrook athletes and also now to LANSW-registered athletes from other clubs – both existing Cherrybrook Duals and new members via ANSW (noting the previous $50 centre fee for Duals from other LA clubs had already been waived this season).
The $40 will be refunded, at set times during the season, once athletes have competed in Cherrybrook uniform in Senior ANSW events on at least two separate occasions at any time during the 12-month ANSW registration period.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR REGISTRATION
Dependant on your type of registration with ANSW you may be eligible for some or all of the following ANSW benefits:
- To compete in all Athletics NSW and Athletics Australia Sanctioned Events
- Free entry into all Winter events (Open and Concession only)
- Coverage for Personal Accident Insurance under the National Insurance Plan
- Competition Bib (collected at first event)
- eAthlete Information Service
As a member of Cherrybrook Senior and Little Athletics Inc, you are also eligible for the following benefits:
- membership of one of NSW most successful clubs
- experience with a club that has offered seamless transition from LA’s to Seniors for 20 years
- access to senior athletics coaches (fees apply)
- access to training facilities
- Friday night club competition
- access to all level of athlete ie from lovers of the sport to Olympians
- weekly newsletter
- current information on our Facebook and Instagram pages
- team support at all competitions/events including Club Championships
- potential access to athlete funding
- free gift for National championship medalists
- annual awards night and recognition of membership
- free entry into state relays
- access to our Grey Book (pre-season Handbook)
- access to our Red Book (end of season Annual Report)
- At the start of a new season athletes pick their club of choice without a formal transfer process.
- If the season has commenced and you are already registered with a club you can only move clubs once per year*.
- To move to another club, you must contact your club or the club you wish to move to and request an Athlete Transfer.
- If you wish to move clubs prior to a championship event you must request the transfer at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Both clubs must approve the transfer request before it is authorised by Athletics NSW.
Please note: there is a $40.00 transfer fee payable to Athletics NSW.
*2023-24 season runs from 1 October 2023 until 30 September 2024
- An athlete can upgrade their membership at any time throughout the season.
- The difference in the memberships will need to be paid.
- Please email The Club’s Senior Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have an upgrade actioned.
- Please note, no refunds will be given for membership downgrades
NSW MASTERS ATHLETICS
- Athletes over the age of 30 are eligible to take out NSW Masters membership.
- Being a member of NSW Masters means you are eligible to compete at the State Masters Events, National competitions and international competitions such as Oceania Masters and World Masters Championships.
- Competition is carried out in five year age groups for both men and women.